Friday, November 1, 2013

Can I Change My Answer?

Wax everything that grows hair.
It's Friday.

This happened.
So, the other day I'm heading to Ace for a Po'Boy because that's what a cool guy does.
I'm waiting for the light to change, standing beside a 40-something...whatever.
Man.
Meanwhile, another guy is approaching us as he crosses the street.
He's pushing a shopping cart.
Now, this isn't because he's down on his luck (like countless dudes seem to be in this city).
He's too young for that.
What instead seems more likely is that this person recently stole a shopping cart from an actual homeless person.
He's making eye contact with me and I already dislike him.
Not because of the eye contact -
"How dare you look upon me!" -
But because I can tell that this guy was a pain in the ass in high school.
He points at me while pushing/walking, and says, "Are you Jewish?"
So, I say, "Not today, buddy."
Then he points to the dude beside me and asks, "Are you Jewish?"
Suddenly, the light changes.
And as he begins crossing the street, he goes, "What the fuck kind of question is that?"
While I start walking myself, I think, "Aw man. That's what I should've said."



2 comments:

TheButlerDunnit said...

I think that dude was autistic or something. We have a neighbour that once asked me "do you like jokes?" and I said "sure" and then he says "that's cool" and just walked away.

As he was walking away I heard him say "stupid...stupid...something else goes in there"

Anonymous said...

This is the stuff deathbed regrets are made out of.

Blog Archive