Friday, October 3, 2014

...

My best friend died today.
...
Nothing funny about that.


* written approximately 2-4 hours after "the news."
Really, I have no idea what time it was that I learned the news. I just know I uploaded this post at 6:41, and I know that I napped before I wrote anything.
I remember coming downstairs, leaving solitude for the first time, to sit to my mother's dried, re-heated pork chop (they thought it better to eat without me).
Sarah couldn't eat by the end of it. In fact, she couldn't swallow water either.
An old-school vegetarian, she stopped ingesting flesh back before it was fashionable. She admitted that if she got out of there, she wanted to eat some meat (or at least chew and spit it). I promised I'd make her whatever she wanted.
This dialogue ran through my head (my first haunting!) as I thought to myself, "She couldn't eat any more. I shall never eat again! For her!"
Then I realized that was stupid and started cutting up the chop as I cried.

No comments:

Blog Archive