Sunday, October 18, 2015

Like Pulling Teeth

Y'know, I think it's better when I only write occasionally.
It's probably the best way to enjoy me; occasionally. I haven't spent much time with myself besides within my head, but I strike myself as a 'small doses' kinda guy.
Good for what ails ya!

I had a root canal. Here's the irony with root canals: They're completely painless.
I think that the turn of phrase regarding root canals, such as: "I'd rather get a root canal than look my fuckin' boss in the eye ever again," is outdated.
Technology and the dental profession have made this sort of saucy quip obsolete.
My man Dyar swabbed me with Baby Orajel or something before giving me the needle, so I didn't feel that. Dyar is my dentist.
The needle, in turn, made the entire half of my mouth an afterthought.
I watched Blue Jays highlights on a TV embedded into the ceiling while he worked, and after two hours, it was over.
Then, I just had to make sure I didn't chew on my tongue while eating my burrito.
By the time the anasthetic wore off, I felt no discomfort of any kind.
I felt sleepy, but that was unrelated.  In fact, the only uncomfortable aspect was the thought that the TV was going to come loose of its moorings and land on my head.
So there you go.
Really, a root canal should be compared to feeling nothing, like, "When I have sex with my girlfriend these days, it's like I'm having a root canal."
Something to think about.
Of course, this is all just my tomfoolery. There is one part of the root canal that still stings, right to the bone.
"What's that, Paul?!"
When you get the bill.
Hiyo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Try the veal!"

Blog Archive