Thursday, November 24, 2016

*Twins!


The boys were number two and three on the list, and now they pee wherever.
To this day I still laugh when I think of Sarah telling me about her experience, of learning that she was actually swollen with twin.
"The doctor was going over all of this stuff that would be different from my first pregnancy, and all I could keep thinking was, 'I'm going to have to tell Peter that he has to get rid of the car.'"

A year after our Ferris wheel trip to Chicargo, Peter wanted to return to Lollapalooza. He wanted me to come along since Sarah couldn't make the trip, and he wanted to make the trip because Sarah couldn't make the trip. They'd been to the event a couple of years beforehand, before we joined them. It was a special place for them. Peter wanted to take Grant along. I asked why and felt stupid when Peter reminded me that he was named after the park where Lollapalooza was held in Chicago: (you guessed it) Grant Park.
Traveling through a music festival in 30-degree heat with a toddler in tow is not as fun as it sounds.
Oh, it doesn't sound fun at all? You're very astute, then. That's correct. Actually, it was kinda fun in a way. I mean, we were dudes in our thirties anyway. Widowed, married, old hands compared to most of the acid-ridden twenty-somethings flaunting their utter lack of clothing. What was the rush, really?
I won't re-write what's already been done. I'll link this post, which can tell you all about the trip that we three lads went on. It's huge already, so I won't add class content to it, but it's there if you want to check it out.

Oh, Ellis is the other one. He didn't go to Chicargo with us, but he's my godson and he's very nice for a three-year old (going on four!). 

No comments:

Blog Archive