Monday, March 22, 2010

Paisan

I had a lovely weekend with Sandra Bantalligni and Tony Venditti.
Italian names stress me out because I know that some of the letters are silent.
I'm just not sure which ones.
Also, 'i' can make a bunch of different sounds.
And there's always so many of them in Italian names.
Anyway, besides the culture shock, the shows were cool.
I'm going to take all of the rubies and sapphires I was paid with so that I can buy some Ritz crackers.

I wrote these while I was unable to nap in the 'green room':

Many children weeping
Intestines; broken canines
Raining cats and dogs

Pedigree dog food
Formally ground up horse parts
Mocking the food chain


I suppose these were inspired by the pet supply shop next door.

Oh. Meaghan Whelan came to the show on Saturday.
She sat in a booth.
I'm mentioning this because she reads the blog.
And now there's a stray endorphin or two floating around in her brain
Because she's seeing her name in print.
Which everyone enjoys.
Except for escaped convicts, I suppose.
Actually, perhaps they enjoy it the most.
Anyway, this could be you, too!
Only costs about twenty bucks, plus whatever drinks you happen to have at the show.

1 comment:

Pete said...

Waiting to the side
Waiting for people to laugh
Waiting for a change

Blog Archive