Friday, December 21, 2007

Far From the Tree

And I wonder where the sarcasm comes from...
My mother said this during lunch:
"Everything's regulated to death these days; you can't even beat your children anymore."
I immediately write this down.
My mother asks what I'm writing and I tell her.
Then she says, "Don't tell anyone I said that, they'll think I beat you. I probably should have, but I never."
This is just one day after being back in the house with them.
Who knows how many more gems of widom they'll bestow before New Year's?

2 comments:

Pete said...

Instead of beating you, they just humiliated you at every opportunity, took pictures of it, and then pasted those cartoon, speech-balloon stickers on the pictures as to somehow give the viewer of the picture some kind of fucked up insight into what your humiliated thoughts were... how humiliating.


I could piss on you right now...

imogenlily said...

When I was a kid, and I was doing something dangerous/stupid, my mom would say "Stop that, I don't have time to take you to the emergency room."

Blog Archive