Monday, December 17, 2007

it's funny cause it's a song

Also last night.
Colin is channel surfing.
The AMC is showing some movie that involves Jack Nicholson in his underwear, as well as some other people.
We're trying to guess the actors because the film is quite old.
There's a woman wearing a bra.
Colin speculates, "I believe that's what's her name from All in the Family."
Now, I know he's referring to Sally Struthers.
I choose to pretend that I believe he is referring to Edith Bunker.
This is because I purposefully try to be difficult with my brothers sometimes.
It's a defense mechanism.
However, I despise the show, and therefore forget that her name is Edith Bunker.
Instead, I think that her name is Alice.
So, (to recap) Colin says, "I believe that's what's her name from All in the Family."
I say, "Alice?"
He says, "Alice...Alice? (dawns on him) Who the fuck is Alice?"
And we laugh, and laugh, and laugh.

No comments:

Blog Archive