Sunday, December 30, 2007

He Shouts Back

This is for any doubters that are still out there:
Alright. It's boxing day. We are loaded. We are in Kelly's Landing.
For this is tradition.
We always get an apple at the bottom of our stocking on Christmas day. Because our parents received apples in their stockings, and at that time it was a big deal.
Then we have to place them on our heads as our parents throw beer bottles at us.
Empties, mind you.
'William Tell' mom calls it.
Dad doesn't speak when we are in the room.
So I'm not sure what he refers to it as.
So, we have two Christmas traditions.
And now you know.
Anyway, I'm spotlight stealing.
Kelly's. Everyone's drunk.
It's the middle of a bar. I'm shouting to speak with him.
I'm not altering a word of this, I swear.
Me: "Do you know how much beer is?"
Bussey: "No, but I know who Howard Hesseman is."
Me: "What?"
Bussey: "He was on Head of the Class. And WKRP in Cincinnati. He was Dr. Johnny Fever."
So, I immediately tell Peter.
Me: "...and then he says, 'No, but I know who Howard Hesseman is.'"
Peter: "Who?"
Bussey: "Dr. Johnny Fever?"



No comments:

Blog Archive