Monday, December 1, 2008

Old dog. New licks.

If you think crows in the yard is a bad omen.
I speant the entire day with Sarah Turpin.
I slept during some of it, sure.
But I dreamt of her during that time.
It was a raw deal. Today was a raw deal.
School garbage is coming to its inevitable crescendo, during which I eat less.
And sweat more.
When it is all said and done I plan to either learn the accordian, or learn that I'm just not cut out to learn anything new.
Neither result would surprise me these days.

I learned this week that it is incredibly refreshing to curse in front of a baby.
The mother was eating pizza while the baby was near her...her teet.
And I asked her if she often got crumbs on her baby.
I'm wondering if that's bad for them.
Because I'm sure that my babies will be full of crumbs.
Especially when they're jammed between the seat cushions for a couple of days.

When I was at Ascension, I sometimes received special treatment.
I'll admit it.
For example:
When I sat in on my first Chemistry class ever, Mr. Clarke-
a man I had never met before-
said my name in role call, and then said "Alright Mr. Warford, I've got a seat right up front for you."
I received the exact same treatment in Mr. Keefe's first Physics class.
The question is, did they do this because they liked dad?
Or because they disliked him?
You know why I never started smoking while I was in school?
Because my brothers had eyes everywhere.
Being the youngest in a home-grown legacy has very few 'up' sides.

No comments:

Blog Archive