Saturday, December 6, 2008

"One!...Two!...Three!..."

I'm kneeling on a kneeler.
I feel pious.
And uncomfortable.

Well, I just endured three weeks in a 5-day period.
Sarah Turpin is mad at me.
Tina Turner won't write me back.
It has been trying. That's all I can say.
It has been trying.

I ran into a maple tree once, did I ever tell you about that?
It was in Adam Powell's yard. We were playing tag.
I was 'it.'
I was always 'it.'
I hated being 'it.'
Because I was inferior to everyone.
Which caused me to do things like run head-on into trees.
Precisely what I did on this day when Justin Oates weaved out of the way.
I looked ridiculous because of the bump.
Adam's mom told me to stay awake because I might have a concussion.
And then I suppose she fed me something.
The boys stood around and taunted me until it was time for them to go home.
Then Adam taunted me. Until he fell asleep.
The same group also tricked me into eating dog food once.
I thought they were mints.
Because I was told that they were mints.
Dog food tastes awful.
No wonder they're always after our sausage links.
After I spit out the (second) piece, they laughed and laughed.
Like I said, I was always 'it.'
Especially when we weren't playing anything.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What was exceptionally stupid was the way we used to pick who was "it." (Dunno if you did this the same way.)

One kid would yell out "1-2-3" and then we all yell "NOT IT!" and then whoever said "NOT IT!" last was It. Which is dumb, because we all said it at the exact same time.

And then the least popular kid was it because everyone else said, "You said 'NOT IT' last!"

Sometimes, the most popular kid was it. Really, it depended on whether or not they felt like it.

"Oh, I totally said it last, I'm *so* it."

"Yes, yes, you're it, you're so right, you ARE it, you will always be it, would you like my Dunkaroos?"

Turnip said...

I wasn't actually mad at you.
I was exasperated.
There's a difference.

Blog Archive