Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Past Straw

I have attended more engagement parties in the past few months than ever before in my life:
1. 

It was over Christmas. 
There was a lot of food to eat and aunts to ogle (whilst all other backs were turned). 
There was an ex-girlfriend there. 
We acted like we weren't acting like we weren't noticing one another. 
Anyway, not the point. 
Miranda has some nice looking aunts. 
That's the point. 
Joshin' ya. 
The point is that they were serving orange slush. 
Which tasted fantastic and should be served during the wedding. 
Or on any hot day.
Shandera and I went from downstairs to up so that he could get a glass. 
And we got one for Butler, too. 
While Shandera was scooping his, I licked Butler's straw. 
Then I told Shandera about it. 
Then we laughed. 
And I haven't mentioned it since. 
Until now. 



2 comments:

Kirk, Miranda & Bear said...

I've been contemplating having a signature drink for the wedding -champagne seems so..expected. Let's call is a "Mirk". Think I should use that slush?

acadiascreech said...

Yes.
I DO think you should use that slush.
I could get wasted on that stuff for any occaison.
I DO NOT think you should call the drink that.
But I'm cynical. Ask my pediatrician.
However you spell it.

Blog Archive