Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Wish You Were Hair

When you step back and look at me. 
And it doesn't have to be a large step. 
You'll see that my life is just a series of piles. 
Piles of dirty clothes. 
Piles of slightly less dirty clothes that have been through the dryer with a Bounce sheet. 
Piles of books and history notes. 
Piles of failed manuscripts that Penthouse Letters turned down. 
And coming soon, a pile of bodies. 
Made up mostly of those Penthouse people I just mentioned. 
And also a pile of hair. 
From my arms. 
Because I haven't seen my friend Josh White in a long time. 
When you lose touch for long enough, you begin to forget what it is that your friends appreciate. 
But I think that Josh used to really enjoy my arm hair. 
I believe I can recall him rubbing his face in it. 
After getting me drunk and open-minded to such things.
His cousin Del is departing for Halifax, and that's what he's taking to Josh. 
From me. 
I'm not sure if airports have made a rule about carrying on body hair (yet). 
So that's something I have to do later. 
I'm trying to decide whether I want to use a traditional or electric razor. 
I'm surprisingly nervous about it. 



No comments:

Blog Archive