Friday, August 21, 2009

Ahead of the Plaque

I have a new toothbrush.
I stole it from the Turpin residence.
Because they have more toothbrushes than they have top and bottom rows of teeth.
The Turpins are accustomed to a lavish lifestyle.
They eat octopus for Christ's sakes.
Now, this toothbrush is replacing the mystery toothbrush that I received from Bussey after his wedding.
Because I left mine in the honeymoon suite.
Then he brought me all of the things that I dumped in the hotel.
And instead of my toothbrush, he had this toothbrush.
I wouldn't have cared.
Well, to the point, I suppose I didn't care.
But I would have cared less had the bristles not been so shoddy on this one compared to the original.
I just used it anyway.
Thinking 'hopefully I'll be able to steal one from the Turpin's soon.'
It's yellow. Did I mention that?
I'm the polar opposite of a germaphobe.
Whatever that is.
A hobo, I suppose.
I used to debate with Jane whether or not it would be safe to share a sandwich with a homeless person.
Because I believed I could do it.
I don't mean, like, giving a bum half of your sandwich.
I'm talking bite for bite.
What's the worst that could happen?
Malaria?
Mosquitoes carry that.
He (or she) would probably just smell really bad.

No comments:

Blog Archive