Sunday, September 6, 2009

Dead Man Walkin'

I've been having increasingly odd dreams lately.
The other night I dreamt that I had died.
Despite the fact that I was plainly visible to mourners.
I could carry on conversations and walk around and drink coffee.
"You would drink coffee when you're dead," Pete said when I described it to him.
I was standing next to my mother and complaining loudly that not enough people had showed to my funeral.
I haven't spoken with my therapist about it yet.
I haven't referenced the dream book.
My subconcious is probably telling me to go to more parties.
But I never get invites.

Lately I keep thinking to myself:
"Jesus Christ, I'm twenty-eight."
But I'm not.
I'm twenty-seven.
Going on twenty-eight.
While my wardrobe is going on sixteen.
And my sexual prowess is going on...I'm not sure the age.
How old are you when you're in grade eight?

1 comment:

imogenlily said...

You have a therapist now? I can't picture it.

Blog Archive