Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Migrated Pupils

The day that sour cream was invented:
Guy One: Anybody else want coffee? (rummaging in fridge) Ah fuck, the cream's gone sour.
Girl One: Well throw it out.
Guy Two: No wait! See if it tastes any good on perogies first.

You know where we get sour cream?
From pissy cows.

I ran into a few students in the mall this week.
I'm as stiflingly retarded speaking with them as I would be any flirtatious maid.

Dylan (not his real name): Hey Mr. Warford! You cut your hair.
Mr Warford: If you say so then I guess I did.
Dylan: I cut mine too. Well, I shaved it.
Mr. Warford: Yeah, it makes you look skinnier. So are you all ready for PWC?
Dylan: Yeah, I guess so.
Mr Warford: They're gonna eat you alive up there.

Outside of the movie theatre.
Tina, Mallory and Eustachia (not their real names) approach me.
Giggling and pushing one another.
Then they sort of stand in front of me like that for a little bit.
Mr Warford: You know you can talk to me, you don't have to stare at me blankly.
Giggling.
Mr Warford: How was the summer?
Tina: Good!
Mallory: Boring.
Tina: Can I have a hug?
She asked for one on the last day of school as well.
Mr. Warford: I guess so. It's not as bad as it was before. Though you're still 16 and in the mall...
Nothin'.
Mr. Warford: Pretend I didn't say that.

No comments:

Blog Archive