Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Drawing A Bath

I had written a post onto paper for all of you.
I did it in the library again.
Something about 18-year-olds' asses that I just find soothing.
Call it therapeutic.
Like setting up a change room web cam at the Aquarena.
See, this was all written on the piece of paper as well.
Unfortunately, the piece of paper is in the missus' car.
Which is in St. John's currently.
We went on a road trip yesterday.
To Gandar.
A very short road trip.
But long enough, given the destination.
We got home by about 7:30, tired and argumentative (not really).
I immediately began to eat ham that had inexplicably arrived in my parents' fridge.
Now, it turns out that Avril brought it along for the trip.
But I didn't know this at the time.
Though she had told me that she had packed ham before we left, I had long since forgotten that.

My parents are still in Toronto.
They get home tomorrow.
They bring dreaded responsibility with them.
Turpin watered the plants while they were gone.
Even now that I'm capable of buying booze for them, I doubt I could have as many high school kids here as Colin would when mom and dad were away.

A new comedy open mic is launching tomorrow.
Esteves and I had been discussing originating our own.
And then a mysterious woman contacted all of us and informed us that she would be starting a room.
As you can imagine, I consider it a little too good to be true.
But I'm going to discuss screenplays with Esteves soon.
Just in case.

Speaking of making it, I'm going to ask the Yuk's people to put us on tour together.
I asked Bill if they would entertain such an idea.
"Sure they would, especially if you're willing to share a hotel room."
Which I am not.
But I am willing to have him sleep in a bathtub for a month and a half.

Though I'm short a Metallica album, I have learned that Hot Hot Heat is great.
They sold me on it in the CD store.
I used to do that at one time.
I once sold a couple of seniors a copy of A Perfect Circle's 'Thirteenth Step.'
And now?
A substitute teacher.
How the mighty have fallen.



No comments:

Blog Archive