Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Oh-Canine

After raking up bits of rotted clapboard and ancient nails, Dad suggested we take a break.
While eying our cleanup job, he insisted that I smelled a rose in the garden.
Because it had "some smell on it."
It reminded me of why I love my father;
He reminds me of me.

It's hard to afford true happiness these days.
Some of you may ask, "Well, Paul, what is true happiness, exactly?"
Is it witnessing two women making out in a hot tub?
Potentially.
But I believe that it is also enjoying life at its most basic level.
I can think of only one truly concrete example of this:
Dogs sticking their head out of a car window.
Below is exhibit A.
Which I found among Valerie Kent's Facefuck photos.
I can't even recall the last time that I spoke to Valerie Kent.
But I know this!
I was likely charming when I did so.
Anyway.
Here's hoping we can all find satisfaction as these guys have.

No comments:

Blog Archive