Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Still Got It

One of the members of Platinum Blonde died today.
Platinum Blonde fans around the planet have donned black pirate shirts.
I happened upon a memorial earlier today in my travels.
It was a sad sight.
The stench of hairspray was overpowering.

You had to be there.
Let me point that out first.
But I'm in the CMC (Education library) yesterday.
While Turpin was reapplying her eyebrows.
Sometimes the glue gives way when she sweats a lot.
Anyway.
I see a girl from my observation day school.
I didn't attend on Friday.
So, I thought I'd ask her how the day went.
If there were any school shootings, or other occaisons of interest.
Turpin gets back (right brow askew) and I tell her the situation.
Then I approach the girl and start with, "Hi-"
And she says, "Hello" politely and walks away.
You had to see it.
But she gave me the brush-off like I was handing out hooker fliers.
Or coupons for a fried chicken place.
We were in the car before I had stopped laughing.
At myself.

2 comments:

TheButlerDunnit said...

I'd pay a significant amount of money to see that. Or better yet, the moments following that encounter, when she's hiding in the bathroom, standing on the toilet fixture, praying you don't come in and tell her she's pretty.

Turnip said...

Oh, it was great.
Great.

You really, really had to be there.

Blog Archive