Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sing for your Supper

The finals are finished.
I didn't win them.
I didn't conquer.
I blame the Vatican.
And all of their head games.
Matthew Esteves won.
Which I guess is nice enough.
It's neat for him to have something.
It can't be easy with a forehead like that.
Competing takes all of the fun out of it.
Especially when you lose.
It's a presence of tension that just sours the milk a bit.
Queers up the feta.

Myself and some of the other comics are saving Haiti on Friday.
With our comedy.
I think that'll be more enjoyable.
Which suggests I might be a better humanitarian than I am a comic.
Which wouldn't bother me.
So long as I was better than Esteves at it.

1 comment:

imogenlily said...

I'm in the finals of a contest, too. A rapping contest. I wanted to make new friends, so I decided to learn to rap.

Blog Archive