Monday, February 1, 2010

Careful What You Wish For

The crows that huddle around my garbage box are like the kids I teach.
They're amused when they get me all worked up.

I miss the little tykes, though.
Whatever their names are.
I am experiencing a relatively significant substitute drought.
Like anyone too lazy to actively look for work, I blame the recession.
In fact, I blame midterms.
Of course, I enjoy days off.
But when it gets to be a whole bunch of days off...
I start to feel bad that I'm still enjoying them so much.

I'm thinking of asking a woman out through telegram.
Yes, they still exist.
I was surprised, too.
I'm a little wary, though.
Asking out a woman whom you barely know using a method that involves her address.
Even I have limits.
Well, when it comes to making myself vulnerable to women, I suppose I don't have limits.
But if I did, perhaps this would be it.
Besides, I don't know how interessted I am, necessarily.
Apart from the fact that she has plastic-rimmed glasses.
And lovely teeth.
I'm unsure of her qualities (or lack of them).
What's worse is that she already knows everything that I have to offer.
She's seen my act.

Oh!
Speaking of embarassing myself on and off the stage.
I have another gig in Halifax.
Late February.
And I'm not relinquishing my toothpaste this time.

No comments:

Blog Archive