Friday, November 27, 2009

Hot Potato

Bludgeon the old woman so you can get the last Cabbage Patch Doll.
It's Black Friday.

I'm in a hotel.
They have individual packets of toothpaste here.
Which is a relief.
Because the airport people told me that my toothpaste was too dangerous to take.
I have spent a lot of time sitting in places I don't generally sit in.
Tuesday, for example, I sat in The Highliner Inn, on the TCH in Grand Falls.
For about seven hours.
I had pie for lunch and took a nap in the chair in their 'lobby'.
Then I sat on a bus for a long time and ate soup at the Gander airport.

If it wasn't for nausia and alcohol, ginger ale never would have made it as a beveridge.

I had the first of what I assume will be many photo shoots on Wednesday.
My favourites are those where I'm holding the parasol at the ranch.
Southern Belle has always been my best look.
Sobol did the photos.
Though I assume she'll deny it.

The Westin is fancier than I am.
Last night's show was well enough.
The majority of the audience was comprised of people I used to see frequently.
I tried to act like I've been accomplishing things.
Mike MacDonald made me carry his bags and chew his food.

Alright, guess I'm going to ride in the elevator again.
Oh, and don't worry about the iPod; the cab company has it in their lost and found.

1 comment:

Kirk, Miranda & Bear said...

You had the option of Wednesday; I drove in solo...getting in St. John's at suppertime :)

I'm picking you up at the airport on Sunday..hopefully your trip back will be less lonely.

Blog Archive