Thursday, November 19, 2009

For Better or Worse

Placing "LOL!" immediately after something you wrote doesn't make it funny.
It makes it grammatically offensive.

So my substitution desolution persists, as I'm on day three with no calls.
I started out so well, too.
Y'know they probably came across this blog.
Bet that's what did it.
"This is terrible.
He thinks this is funny?
Stop calling this guy.
Is he in the rollodex?
Take him out of the rolodex.
Burn that card."
The number of things that this blog has cost me is likely staggering.
"This is Paul Warford's blog?
He thinks this is funny?!
Pretending Lisa Loeb is his girlfriend?
That's funny?
And I was going to have sex with that guy!
Do I have him in the rolodex?
My sex rolodex?
I need to burn that card..."
Sticks and stones.
She's better off.

So I leave for Halifax relatively soon.
Provided the bus doesn't crash.
Or the plane, for that matter.
Maybe a plane will crash into the bus.
I should be excited about it, I guess.
I'm not sure why I'm not.
Maybe because there's a boil order on in this town that I've been ignoring.
And that has damaged the anticipation portion of my brain, somehow.
Maybe I'm just not excited because Mike MacDonald probably isn't that excited.
He should be, though.
Because I'm bringing a Travel Connect-4.



No comments:

Blog Archive