Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I'm Taken

I'm awake, I'm awake.
Are you?
That's the real question.
Here's the test:
If you notice that M.C. Hammer has a new show,
And you believe that this is drastically wrong.
You're awake.
I was flicking past his show, and I heard him say, "I'm a fighter."
But, I think that all of us together are strong enough to take him.

I have an interview with someone from The Telegram momentarily.
I hope that she is not as attractive as she sounds on the phone.
On Friday night, at the club, I had a group of people invite me to sit at their table.
Literally as I walked off of the stage.
Fabio was there.
And Josh.
And a woman who may have been Andrea.
I stood in a circle with them outside and discussed Kindergarten Cop as a legitimate stoner film.
Then possibly Andrea said, "We're going to a party at Ben's.
It's right around here.
You should come."
Of course it was at Ben's.
Ben is always having a party. Somewhere.
I was happy to tell Andrea that I had to go home and do rails of cocaine with my girlfriend.
In the bath.
But you people have been around often enough while I'm single.
Would this have ever happened to me then?
No way.
I'd be in the same circle.
And Andrea would be off to the side, smoking impatiently.
"C'mon guys!
Who cares about Kindergarten Cop!
We have to get to Ben's"-
sideways glance at me-
"His place is really far away."

No comments:

Blog Archive