Monday, June 14, 2010

Allow me a Moment to Stripe

Blogger is making me change the design of Tragic Hero.
I'm not doin' it.
If I'm not posting in lime green and orange, I'm not posting.
It's citrus for me, everybody!
It's citrus...

Can we just have the stripe face one way or the other?
I have enough embarassments in my life.
I don't need to swipe my debit card backwards.
'Stripe towards the door,' 'Stripe towards me,' 'Stripe towards you.'
Let's just have the stripe towards something we can all agree on.
Put it on the news.
And be done with it.
You know, in school I always tell kids to "Sound it out," but that only goes so far.
Because 'news' sounded out is 'newz.'
And you could only spell it that way on YTV.
'Stripe towards newz.'
Anyway.

I put a Last Man, Last Continue post in this blog by mistake.
Like one twin trying to eat the other twin.
Did any of you read The Dead Zone?
It wasn't that good.
Can I tell you why it's called 'Last Man, Last Continue'?
Back when games were on the Nintendo and Super Nintendo
(Sega Genesis for you loser kids)
You only had so many continues. And men.
Nothing got quite as tense as when you were faced with your last of each.
During my childhood, if someone uttered these words when you entered the room, you quickly shut up.
Because Brian was terrifying.
In the realm of video games (dank though it is) it sort of makes sense.

My girlfriend pointed out that I had the wrong post in the wrong blog.
I like my girlfriend.
She gives me the confidence I need to cheat on her.

edit: I'm going to leave the Last Man, Last Continue post in here.
Because I'm exercising free speech.
You'll recognize it when you see it.

1 comment:

Kirk, Miranda & Bear said...

Totally concur about the stripe. I get it wrong every time!

Blog Archive