Wednesday, October 13, 2010

There Goes my Hero

Taught grade fours today.
Taught them how to receive a proper beating.
They were fast learners.

Colin's birthday is coming up.
I don't know how old he's going to be, exactly.
But I know it's old enough that he's probably not excited about it.
I'm going to buy him a video game.
Because I guess I feel bad about it.
Not that it's my fault, or anything.
Y'know, it's funny.
I guess because he was the oldest.
And perhaps because Brian had a tendency to give me daily beatings...
I always admired Colin when I was a kid.
He was a real hero.
All of his friends were hockey players.
He was a good swimmer.
He worked hard jobs in scary places.
He had abs! Real abs!
Colin!
Then he got fat.
And things went downhill from there.
He used to come home from 12+ hours at the fish plant.
And he'd sneak up behind me and cup his hand over my mouth.
Leaving it there for a while.
Have you ever worked for 12+ hours at the fish plant?
I haven't, but it's gotta be a putrid place. 
I saw him fall off of his bike and break his arm one time.
It was awesome.

Avril and I watched The Bonavista Chain Locker recently.
A real group of lookers.
Not much upstairs, though.
Anyway, I forget the name of their opening band.
But I know that they covered this song.
And that it was fabulous.



No comments:

Blog Archive