Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Leg Up

I suppose we're all prone to sore losership at some point in our lives.
I have a feeling spellcheck is going to call me on 'losership.'
Anyway.
It's possible for any of us to balk another's success.
Especially if we bet a whole bunch of money on ourselves.
Though not accused of gambling, this guy IS accused of being a bit of a fussy Gus after passing the ticker tape.
Yes, we can all be a sore loser under the right circumstances.
But perhaps we'd be even more susceptible if we had no legs.
Like these guys.

See, one dude is accusing the other dude of having too-long prosthetics.
Despite the fact that he himself (his name is Oscar) uses his pretend legs against whole men.
And he's the only paralympian who gets to do that.
Politics.
These races always beget so much politics.
Give me the Special Olympics any day.
You go out there and have a nice swim.
Make some friends, and everyone gets a tote bag for participating
Given this liberty, you'd think that Oscar would be keen to draw less attention to himself.
Tough enough as it is, given that he looks like an extra from I, Robot on race day.
Fuck, you just can't make jokes about anything fun.
How many of you found that offensive?
No fair.
I make fun of countless ethnicities, societies and accountants on this blog.
If that mockery is okay, this has to be too.
Oscar only gets the wrath because he's in today's headlines and I needed something to talk about.
Besides, I don't care for sore losers.
They make us regular loses look bad (worse).

I should tell you about this band before they're Gotye and no one gives a shit anymore.
They're British and I think they're great.
They just need a band name that isn't based on a keystroke.


No comments:

Blog Archive