Sunday, September 9, 2012

Jurrasic Lark

I'm sad, everyone.
Well, I'm not sad, but I'm certainly contrary.
I'm not contrary, really.
Ever have a day in which you can't figure out how you feel, you just know that you don't feel well?
I'm like that.
I'm not really like that.
I'm kidding. Yes I do.
I probably haven't been sleeping enough.
I might be spending too much time in the sauna.
Too wrinkly.
Too sweaty.
Do you get wrinkly in a sauna?
I know, I know.
I'm getting too personal again.

That guy who looks like me is in cahoots with myself to open a comedy room.
Don't tell anyone.
I hadn't intended to tell you, in fact.
The only reason I do so is because one of the venues we considered serves tacos.
Dave: Tuesdays is fifty cent tacos. Pretty sweet.
People could be coming by and getting tacos, checking out jokes.
Me: Yeah...tacos are distracting though. They have a lot of crunch to them.
You can't hear fuck all over tacos.
Dave: They might be soft shell!

My sex partner, the ol' ball 'n chain, as she likes to be called, has been running her yap again.
Says she's not in the blog enough.
Which is sort of true.
If we are to consider the amount of time we spend together, grossing out the locals, I guess she's right.
She once mentioned that some people don't believe in dinosaurs.
"Isn't that interesting?"
I guess I just stared at her blankly because she followed that with, "Don't worry; I believe in dinosaurs."
She said I looked incredibly relieved to hear it.
She met my Aunt Barb and they hit it off immediately.
I suspected as much since they have tremendously similar interests.
As I watched them discuss one of Barb's rug hookings, I felt an overwhelming sense of this weird pride.
A sort of "you'd want to take her home to meet your mother" kind of pride.
The fact that she has similar hobbies to that of a sixty-year old woman?
Didn't even bother me.

When people ask me if I have seen this movie or that movie, I always have to explain:
I don't really bother with movies any more.
Which is true.
Sure, I had a copy of Die Another Day on VHS.
Despite this, my movie days are done.
I consider them to be a relative waste of time.
I have games to play.
I mention this as well, and I can see that some people find it odd that I'm still playing video games.
Which is okay with me.
Frankly, I find it odd that people are still watching movies.





1 comment:

Kirk, Miranda & Bear said...

I'll remember that you're no longer interested if they ever come out with Toy Story 4.

Blog Archive