Sunday, August 3, 2008

Gimme a Shout

I need a case worker.
Due to an exorbitant amount of pressure from my father to purchase a cell phone
I'm purchasing a cell phone.

Friday.

I go to the plywood Aliant depository.
I stand in line for a few minutes.
I lament inwardly that the damned place doesn't have any chairs.
I leave because I find the whole 'feel' of the place too irritating to stand in.
I walk. I come back. I stand again. I leave again.
I go to Telus.
I explain that I want the simplest phone with the simplest plan and that,
"I don't need any additional...bullshit, pardon me for saying so."
I tell them that I have a Telus phone from my inebriated Banff days.
I can use this. Thus absolving me from having to commit to a pesky, lengthy contract.
I resolve to buy a 360 game with the 'saved' money.
I head home. I look through shoeboxes until I find it.
It's a Virgin phone. Not a Telus phone.
I'm fucked.

Saturday.

Saturday I was too tired to do anything.

Sunday.

Telus. Bright green. Bunny Rabbits and Poison Tree frogs.
This is how you move merchandise.
I pick a phone and prepare to make a commitment I've no interest in making.
I need picture I.D..
"Shit, it's in my car. Hang on."
I begin to walk through the mall when it dawns on me that my car is in my driveway.
Not the parking lot.
Because I walked.
So, I walk home. Drive back.
Return to Telus with my MUN I.D. (they said any picture, and that one's less chewed than my liscence).
"Could I possibly get your driver's liscence?"
"Yeah, hang on, it's in my car."
I get sidetracked.
I eventually return.
While choosing my 'fab five' I forget to add Colin's number.
And instead of giving them Bussey's number, I accidently give them my previous land line number.
Which is now disconnected.
My phone is pink.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah I "sold out" around this time last year and got my first cellphone.

I felt a little bourgeois for a week, then I realized I was being a boner.

21st century, meet Kerri.

TheButlerDunnit said...

Hate to rain on your parade there, boss....but you did indeed have a Telus phone in Banff. I remember seeing it. When you got back to to NL your purchased that Virgin one (its an LG if I recall) ad used it for a brief period before you let it fade into obscurity. What you did with your Telus shit, I do not know.

About your Fab Fuckup; you can change those 5 numbers once a month. So take out your shit and put Bussey's in if you like...you can do that.

Phone geek: Out.

Blog Archive