Thursday, August 21, 2008

Irresponsible

My mother is coming into town today.
I have set my alarm (for noon) for the first time in over a month.
Whenever my mother comes to call I find myself needing to do...things.
I need to make lists.
I need to wait in lines. Fill out forms. Present my picture i.d. which inevitably turns out to be lost.
And then, when my mother gets here, I can say:
"See? How's this? I'm applying myself."
Not unlike bringing goat carcasses to the entrance of an Ogre's cave.
Just to stay on its good side.
My mother, on the other hand, has a penchant for loan applications.
And who wouldn't, really?

2 comments:

Megan said...

Can't say I have a penchant for loan applications, but it seems I am in the business.

TheButlerDunnit said...

Yes b'y! How unreasonable of the woman to figure you should be out doing something with your summer at 26 years old.

...don't listen to me, I'm just jealous because I cannot sleep in til noon, enjoy my day fucking around and try to pick up on girls. Come to think of it, I'll never do 2/3 of those ever again.....I hate you.

Blog Archive