Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Vindicated

You know, if you start playing the clarinet when you're four and you go from 'Three Blind Mice' to Eine Kleine Nachtmusik's first movement, then that's good.
Impressive, even.
And everyone knows that the clarinet is a wiener instrument.

I ended up with Turpin, her missus, and one of the Foley men (they punch people [with padding]) a few nights back.
At her missus' place.
I brought along my 360 because I was asked to do so.
We were to fuck with that and then watch some bullshit nudity zombie film.
I set it up while the others put the pizza in the oven.
Dabbled with this and that, and then I eventually tossed on GTA IV.
Because you would. Anyone would.
I swear I didn't mean for this to happen.
But the result was the three aforementioneds watching me play the game.
For about four hours.
I asked after an hour or so (it was a blur for me) if they wanted to put the movie on.
And Foley said, "This is better than any movie."
They said they could sell tickets.
Sure, everyone was stoned. But still.
Who says we couldn't sell tickets to stoned people?
Business is all about thinking outside of boxes.
I had a fucking blast.
You rarely have spectators.
Which is why video gamers are accused of having sallow complexions.
The reality is that we gamers know that what we're doing is better than anything nature might be offering up.
Especially in this province with its shitty weather.

Ever go swimming with the family?
And you're on the diving board?
"Mom! Watch me dive, mom! Watch me dive!"
It's like that.
But mom never looks up from her Danielle Steele.
And replace the word 'mom' with the word 'everybody.'

I went to a party a few months back in a building with this game.
And Melay was there.
He's a long story; I won't get into it.
But he's hardcore.
We started playing against one another and the party stopped to watch us.

2 comments:

TheButlerDunnit said...

What kind of shameless horse shit is this? You're linking to yourself now? Its not good enough that I'm wasting perfectly good working hours reading your blog, but now I gotta read your video game reviews too? You should work for Rogers.

Ok, that didn't make any sense, but I felt like a rant. For the love of Jesus, tell the scope to make their site less mesmerizing. Too much shit, too small a space.

Pete said...

I wouldn't watch you go off the diving board either. You can't dive. Who wants to watch someone fall of a ledge into water? Wait till winter when people fall down stepping off sidewalks. Now, that's entertainment!

Blog Archive