Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Here's Your Cue

My father turned 66 yesterday.
To celebrate, I helped him put together a barbecue. 
Several times during the process-
and it was a process-
Dad said, "Whoever wrote these instructions never put one of these together."

I spent most of my time around the bay up at Turpin's. 
Because I'm trying to find new places to steal forks from. 
Claire was there with some of her friends. 
I'm not always excellent at monitoring myself. 
Like when Claire and her friend were going to bed?
Claire said, 'goodnight,' and I said, 'goodnight.'
Then her friend said, 'goodnight.'
And I said, "I'll see you in the morning."
Because I thought she was gone. 
But when I looked up, she was still in the room.


1 comment:

Turnip said...

I don't think she thought it was weird, or suggestive.
Slow on the uptake, you see.

Blog Archive