Wednesday, October 7, 2009

It's the Principal of the Thing

Look out world.
I'm up before noon and making a name for myself.
To as many as half a dozen vice principals in the Eastern School District.
Not a bad morning.
I have forgotten how affable vice principals tend to be.
It's the principals who are the real sour pusses.
And even then that's not really the case.
I just wanted to find a way to mention Birdie Taylor in here somehow.
Two years.
Two years of blogging.
Of the long nights and the nacho cheese residue on my bare chest.
Finally.
(Say it with me).
Birdie Taylor.
For those of you who grew up in metropolises or down the shore, Birdie was a principal at my junior high.
She sucked.
Not in the way that kids see principals as just being generally shitty people.
Then you grow up to realize that they weren't shitty at all. They were enriching in their tough-but-fair style.
Hers is more of a 'you grow up and realize how incompetent this person was' sort of thing.
But who cares about her.

If I lost my glasses I would have to call in sick for absolutely everything.
I would have to stay in bed and see things out of focus until someone brought me new glasses.

1 comment:

Turnip said...

Today a girl in grade two took off my glasses and wore them herself.
She then started to wander off.
I explained to her how important it is that I keep my glasses on my face because I can't see without them, and how it isn't nice to take someone's glasses.
I guess I made it sound a little more dire than it was, because she promptly handed them back and lay on the floor, crying about how she didn't want to make me blind.

Blog Archive