Monday, April 19, 2010

A Second Opinion

I'm wearing Brian's old shirt.
Because now that I'm in my parents' house, I'm once more receiving hand-me-downs.
Maybe there are some Chip and Pepper shirts coming my way.
Vaurnet shirts that finally fit.

The Shanderas are celebrating two birthdays in April.
I know this because they fed me things on Saturday.
The Shanderas have been feeding me things for years.
Whenever I entered their house I would often check their fridge.
Before verifying that Robert was actually home.
Sometimes his mom would give us pieces of ham.
And I'd eat part of mine, and then lay the other half on the coffee table.
For later.
Robert hated that.
Whenever I had medical concerns, I would consult Robert.
Because his dad was a doctor.
So it seemed perfectly rational that Robert knew what was growing on my arm.
And whether or not it was infected.
I still consult him to this day.
Though typically the problems are more sexually-oriented than before.
And does his penis ever experience this?
Sure, Robert's an engineer.
But I'm still here, aren't I?

Smallwood said to me last week that she was more or less "...finished law school now."
I read this just before I began cleaning my parents' house.
Because I'm living in it.
I don't know what her father thought of me.
But I'd be willing to bet that whatever it was, he was right.
I wore his shorts once.
Smallwood's dad's.
To go on the sea-doo.
They insisted.
I at first refused because I was afraid they'd want me to operate it.

edit: How perfect is that picture for this post?

No comments:

Blog Archive