Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What's in a Name?

When planes crash into the water, the flight attendants are the only ones who know how to inflate their life vests.

We were travelling out of The Goulds the first time I discussed Avril with Bussey.
Me: Her birthday's in April.
Bussey: I see.
...
Bussey: That'd be like if your name was Février.
Me: I suppose it would be.
...
Me: My life would have been a lot rougher if my name was Février.
I don't think I could have avoided homosexuality if my name was Février.
'Oh shit guys, here comes Février. On his roller skates.'

These are the sorts of conversations Bussey and I have.
Bussey and I also communicate solely in television quotations sometimes.
We developed the art form around his father's pool table.
I know it must seem odd to some people.
But we're actually communicating when we do it.
I had to explain all of this to Avril.
Because sometimes a quote will come into my head, and then I'll have to say it out loud.
This occurred in her presence recently.
I do it to empty rooms sometimes.
I'd love to provide a video clip of the quote I'm talking about in this particular instance.
But Fox won't let me.
I'll bet if I wanted to upload clips of The Bachelor, however, it wouldn't be a problem.

Homer: Barney! Wake up! I've lost the baby. It's the worst thing I've ever done.
Barney: Okay, don't worry, don't worry. Y'know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna make you...an omelet.
Homer: Just help me look!
Barney: Are you sure? I make 'em with four kinds of cheese...



No comments:

Blog Archive