Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Everything Important

See? I told you. Once classes begin, I'll have more to say.
So, I'm heading to my modern revolutions class.
My first.
Everyone else's second.
Because, as I always claim, that first class is mostly formality, really.
I enter the classroom. And I'm late, I'll admit. But by seconds.
Two minutes, tops.
I prepare to sit, but the professor, who is a (very) petite Indian woman whom I have never encountered, speaks to me before I get the chance.
"Young man...? Were you here for Tuesday's class?"
I am the centre of attention.
This is fine.
"No, no I wasn't."
"Come here."
I am wondering if the rest of the class is finding this as questionable as I am.
I go there.
She says, "You have missed the readings, you have missed the assignment sheet, you have missed everything that is important."
My first class with this person.
I have been in the room for about thiry seconds, and this is what she is saying to me.
It goes on. She asks if I know anyone in the class, and get their notes, and blah blah.
I just enjoy the way she worded that sentence.
Later, on bibliographies and internet citation:
"...and don't just give me a bunch of www dot whatever, or you'll get a www dot fail dot com."
I was barely paying attention by this point because about two minutes after my introduction to this person, I'd said to myself, "Well, I'm dropping this class."
After the dot com comment, I have decided to stay in it.

No comments:

Blog Archive