Sunday, January 13, 2008

To the Tune of Warford

I just finished my first-ever guitar lesson with Shanderamo.
Quite right. Guitar.
Now, I am well aware that my dexterity is essentially non-existent, and my patience walked out with my dexterity.
But, I think it may compliment the accordian lessons.
I intend to transition from playing no instruments to progressing with two at about the same interval.
I'm far too lazy to do this, I know.
I know.
I accomplish nothing in a day.
Seriously.
I'm beginning to grow into the fibres of my pajamas.
I have to do something.
In case you're (baffled) curious:
The accordion.
My father plays the accordion. My brothers sort of play the accordion.
If there is any instrument in Warford blood, then this is that instrument.
Dwell for a moment on that.
Makes sense, doesn't it?
To boot, if I begin to learn properly, my father will give me an accordian that he was planning on selling.
It's very impressive and pretty looking*.
The guitar.
Well, I want to get laid like everyone else.
I was admiring a wall of guitars in a wee music shop as I waited for some buffoon to produce a mic stand for me from the back room.
And my dad turns to me, and he says, "You should learn to play guitar."
And I turn to him, and I say, "Yeah, maybe I should."
I could play Queens tunes with da b'ys at the kitchen table.
If I can get to that point...that'll do.
I've always wanted to learn, but haven't believed myself capable until now.
I used to have to carry covered plates, stacked six high, with each plate containing a $65 meal underneath.
Consequently, I'm less afraid to try things.
Except bungie jumping.
Fuck that.
*This is it:


1 comment:

imogenlily said...

I don't care what anyone says.
That's a sexier beast than any guitar I've ever seen.

Blog Archive