Sunday, February 17, 2008

Helluva Guy

The Warford family ate its meals in front of a television.
We're that kinda generation.
When we were kids, supper involved a lot of noises; the emittence of various gasses, arguing, shouting, and occaisonal crying.
Which our parents tried to tune out, best they could.
But when Ray Guy came on the CBC news, we all had to shut up.
Yesterday, Elling said my writing is comparable to his.
This is almost better than the Woody Allen comments of late.
Because he's from Newfoundland.
And because my parents found him entertaining.
I haven't read any of his material*, really. But I may start.
We already have this in common: we both share names with jerkoff football players.


*I haven't listened to this because my computer's sound is on the blink. So, I don't know if it's funny or not.








1 comment:

trac54 said...

He's funny but he ain't no Oakland Raiders punter.

Blog Archive