Sunday, February 17, 2008

Boys' Light Out

Cause we've got the ol' ball 'n chains these days.
The ol' brick 'n manacles.
Colin and I have played video games side by side since I was four.
Colin enjoys movies with Kevin Costner. Colin believes that all forms of philosophy (all of 'em) are 'foolishness.'
But games. We'll always agree on those.
Wasserface was off somewhere last night, getting wasted with her friends or whatever.
Im-oh-gen said something about meeting up with some of Hope's (roommate) 'heroine buddies.'
I believe in personal space in a relationship, so I don't ask questions.
Anyway, Colin and I are set for a boy's night of video games.
It's 8:30 on a Saturday, and I'm in my pajamas. And I'm excited about it.
We set up a second TV. I just bought a super nintendo recently, which I'll tell you about in a seperate post momentarily.
Colin is just beginning to go through the tutorial for his game, while I explore the ghost house on Donut Island in Super Mario World.
I want to interject into my own utterings to point out that Colin worked a double on this particular day.
So, that's a games night, with Colin having worked for approximately twelve hours on a Saturday.
Can you picture it?
The power goes out.
And doesn't come back on until 2:30 the following morning.
Only in our cul-de-sac, and other select areas of St. John's. The houses at the bottom of Kildare still had power.
My Warford luck will see me in a Tunisian prison one day, I'd wager.

No comments:

Blog Archive