Sunday, April 20, 2008

Not Just For Guitar Hero Anymore

I found this blog while trying to write this post.
If you're interessted in game production, computers, 3d design and all of that gear, or The A-Team, check it out.
Otherwise, don't bother.

I'd do this on my videgames blog, but talking about a game like this on a site like that results in a lot of pock-marked fuckers calling you stupid.
As such, I'd rather an avenue where the majority of my audience ignores what I'm saying.
It's nothing big. But Grand Theft Auto IV is about to come out.
"Isn't that that game where you can rape elderly women, and you throw babies out of moving cars, and you solicit prostitutes, and then you beat them to death with tire irons and take their money and their dignity? And then Godzilla comes?"
Yes. Exactly. That's the franchise.
Rockstar is (at times) the Coen Brothers of the video game industry (says me).
Don't let the media and the filthy politicians fool you.
Well, they're going to release a soundtrack of a great variety with the game, much like the others before it.
This time, however, the general (gaming) public is going to complain that the soudtrack is awful.
Then, after four to six months, people will start commenting on the bands in the game, saying, "These guys are awesome!"
And everyone will buy their music.
Because they loved them all along.

...
It's arrogant, isn't it?
You should see the stuff the video game nerds write on the forums.

GTA 1:



GTA IV*:


*Taken from IGN. I know it says that on the screenshot.
I just really want to make sure no one ever sues me.

eDit: I added a lot of additional links to this post since originally writing it.
Also, if you're into electronica at all (or you think that maybe you could be) check out the Electro Choc sample on the GTA website (soundtrack link).



No comments:

Blog Archive