Wednesday, June 11, 2008

No Sex in the City

Ah, humanity.
Here I am.
I've been missing, I know.
I wish I had a bunch of tripe to regale you with but I'm actually a few quarts low.
There was a margarita party in my home on Saturday past.
It was underwhelming.
Colin was the one who threw it, really, and though I wanted his friends to show up, his co-workers did instead.
I dislike co-workers from a Staples location on general principal.
But looking beyond my rules of general principal I discovered that they were actually dweebs.
No one uses that word enough; dweeb.
These guys earned it.
Luckily, Pete, Shandera and Christa came by.
Pete passed out on my couch.
He bought me breakfast.
I got this yogurt thing from Cora's that, when placed before me, I realized looked exactly like the one pictured in the menu.
Had I known this was going to be the case, I wouldn't have ordered it.
Because it was obnoxious.
If all of the breakfast choices from Cora's were people at a party, my yogurt thing* would have been the loud, overbearing asshole that nobody likes.

I spent yesterday with George and Bill.
As far as I can gather, the pair of them want to make me a famous comic man.
Which I'm okay with.
I wish they didn't make me mow their lawns and clean out their sheds, though.
It was nice to get outside for once, but the work felt counter-productive.
We (actually) moved a bed for Ruby.
Ruby can't hear well.
But she's quite charming.
I once wrote an article for The Athenaeum in which I interviewed people on campus at Acadia who had pets.
And one couple had a deaf ferret.
Same thing.

I'm not having sex with anything.
No one is paying me anything.
Maybe I should...combine the two problems?
No, I shouldn't.
I'd be happy if even just one of the two came along in the next little while.
You can use your VISA card to buy hookers.
Well, not buy them like slaves.
Just buy them for a little bit.

I did two sets on Sunday.
Mostly cause the first one kinda stunk.
The second one didn't, but it also didn't happen until around 1:30am.
Cliff came and brought down the house.
But when you do it at 1 in the morning on a Sunday, there isn't much of a house left to dismantle.
Nonetheless...

Matthew Esteves has proposed that we associate with one another outside of the Victory walls.
I plan to go for it.
Mostly because he's even squirrelier than I am.
And I need someone like that to stand next to me in dimly-lit bars.
He will do.
I can't get Tim to go out of doors.

Sarah Turpin comes back in one of the J months.
I mentioned her to George and Bill.
Now I have mentioned it to you.
And now I'm leaving.
I'll try not to take so long before my next visit, though.

*Bottom left in the picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the title.

Blog Archive