Thursday, May 14, 2009

Play Date

No one ever believes me when I tell them my age.
I get ID'd buying mortgages and scratch tickets all the time.
I'm hoping that one of those will eventually pay off the other.
Anyway.
I suppose it's largely because I dress like the rabble at the mall.
Also known as my former students.
But the thing is, I don't know what a 27-year old is supposed to wear.
Should I be purchasing more slacks?
Those collared shirts from American Eagle that look like table cloths?
One of the biggest appeals in doing comedy-
for me-
is that I'd be able to wear whatever I want.
Until the pack of komodo dragons finally gets me.

I've made new friends.
27 is an odd age to meet new buddies.
The time for spotlight and comparing bike tire skids has passed.
(Has it?)
They have such new buddy names, too:
Neil and Shane.
"Mom, can Neil and Shane stay for supper?!"
See what I mean?
It's not that Neil lives a few decades back.
Just half of his wardrobe and his sideburns do.
And his glasses.
He miraculously found a pair of glasses with the bar going across the top.
Remember the ones I'm talkin' about?
Colin King had a pair.
In fact, I hear Colin King has quite the pair.
But that's another story.
Shane does zombie portraits.
Zombies are fuckin' huge now.
Everything is 'zombie attack' this and 'zombie movie' that.
And I'm not one to go against the grain.
So, goodnight everybody!




No comments:

Blog Archive