Thursday, May 7, 2009

Track & Feel

I don't know what to say.
I'm shy, guys.
I'm shy.
Have you ever gone off of the highest diving board at the Aquarina?
I would never do that.
Because something would go wrong.
Somehow, I'd be unconscious by the time I hit the water.
They'd have to get that yellow spinal injury board out.
I'd fuck up general swim for like, thirty, forty people.
I tend to stay away from the rope, too.
For good measure.
I dated a girl who dived, once.
Though I never actually saw her do it.
So, she may have told me that to appear more interesting.
Which is why I told her that I liked to climb mountains.
Whenever she wasn't around.
I've dated a few women in the past who partook in odd sports.
I saw this as a promising thing.
Turpin once wanted to introduce me to a curler.
I never met her.
If I had, we'd have a duplex (well, half of it) and two juniors by now.
And she'd be banging her curling coach on the side, probably.
Because she'd want a man who takes risks.


I've set aside a page in my book for baby names.
So far it has the following:
Genghis (that guy again)
Brutus
Hermes


Any suggestions?
I'm going to meet my little fencer one day.
Then these names will come in handy.

3 comments:

Kirk, Miranda & Bear said...

We have baby names picked out; keeping with the Bussey K tradition, we are going with Kondom and Kontraception, lol.

I think it's funny...Kirk not so much.

imogenlily said...

Gheedawn
Pearl Jam II
Hardicking
Tribia
Pungence
Starscream
(so that when it fucks up, you can yell "you've failed me for the last time, Starscream!")

acadiascreech said...

I knew that Imogen would have great suggestions for this post.
She'd have to.
Her name is Imogen.

Blog Archive