Friday, June 26, 2009

As Damp As Grade Eight Was

Go trouting in the woods and never return home again.
It's Friday.
Speaking of manly activities, I've been trying to plan a bachelor party lately.
My first (at the helm).
My activity ideas are excellent, but will likely prove to be too expensive and/or demeaning to women to do.
Like all of my ideas.

So how about this weather, huh?
I hope you like muggy.
You know when you take your jeans out of the dryer and you put them on only to realize that they're still damp?
Jeremy Hotz talks about it, "Ah, screw it, I'm wearing them anyway."
That's what this weather feels like.
Turpin said it feels like taking a nap in your bathing suit.
Which I like a lot more.
It's like when you have to sneeze, but you don't sneeze.
You're staring at light fixtures.
You're tilting your head back.
You're interrupting conversations.
-"Hang on guys, I've gotta sneeze."-
Just to get the sneeze out.
And it still won't happen.
That's what this weather is like.
The whole island needs to sneeze, but it can't get it out.
The best thing to do is roll a tissue up into a point, and then jam it in there.
That'll make you sneeze even when you don't have to.
Violently.
Try it out.
If you're like me, you have nothing better to do anyway.
Oh?
...
You do have something better to do?
I see. You have family in town, or-
Oh, a party?
Cool...
Cool.
A lot of people going to be there?
There are, huh?
How are you getting over there?
Don't need a ride, do you?
Well...I hope you have a good time.
If that gets dull, or they run out of plastic red cups, I'll just be here.
Chilling out with my blog...
So, anyway...
Talk to you later.

Whassat?
Oh, no, sorry. I thought you said something.

No comments:

Blog Archive