Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Rest in Leafs

I recently had to verify that the broad, severed rhubarb leaf in my yard was not the carcass of a small animal.
Because it really looks like one.
When I first saw it, red and sinewy-looking, there were flies milling around it.
I wondered what I would have to do to get it out of there.
Call the wildlife department?
Do they make housecalls?
I'm sure they would if I had an adolescent alligator coming out of the toilet.
A boa constrictor in the tub.
I approached it cautiously.
Determined that it was a broad, severed rhubarb leaf.
It's still in the yard.
If I had the wherewithal, I'd take a picture of it.

The kids at that school I taught at have their last day of school on Thursday.
I'm going to stop by.
Because infrequent visits to schools that you previously taught at are a great way of making yourself feel popular.
Albeit momentarily.

Our millers (moths) blend in flawlessly with our beef buckets.
Think about it.

No comments:

Blog Archive