Wednesday, November 14, 2007

In the Nick of Shrine

I'm in pajamas.
No Rolaids today.
I was asked to 'stay behind after class' this afternoon. No. Really.
Luckily, I was not alone. Though the rest of the people who stayed behind I would likely classify as putzes. There are a lot of putzes in my classes.
Today was an okay day. I bonded with three of my four professors, and with (late) papers on the horizon, this is important news. It's a dance, really. An elaborate, sweaty dance.
Speaking of which, I had a girl come visit me recently. Let's talk about that.
I'm not telling you a lot, but I will tell you some things.
Now, just in case you've been reading my blog while intoxicated, and need a refresher, Imogen came to see me.
We had never met.
We were just attracted to one another, she had a vacation, my car gets 22 to the gallon in the city, and the rest writes itself.
To welcome her, I immediately decided to make her a shrine.
Because nothing says 'It's nice to finally meet you' better, really.
So, here's some pictures of that:

Notice that all of the pictures are doctored to have my creepy head in them.

The sheet of paper contains the lyrics to Lionel Richie's "Hello". Look it up yourself, if you're curious.
Da b'ys were all concerned that this was perhaps not a good opener. They thought that perhaps the shrine, with the candles and the 'Imogen is Life' banner might be a little heavy to start with. I disagreed. I was right.
Now, a shrine's not a shrine without giant cardboard cutouts holding hands, so here's that:


Never one to let me use anything sharp, here is Colin cutting the figures out.
While doing so, he said, "Why can't I have normal brothers?"

Posts with a lot of pictures are difficult and wacky to edit. Let's break this into two.
I've got nowhere to be.
Do you?



1 comment:

trac54 said...

Why am I not dating you.
swoooon.
It works Paul, it works. :)

See! You are great.

Blog Archive