Saturday, November 3, 2007

Outside. The Box.

How was my day?
Glad you asked.
Today was to be my first real effort at preparing for Imogen's arrival.
I woke at noon, feeling groggy and disoriented.
I made ovenable chicken wings. They were terrible.
Shandera and I talked dog.
Imogen and I talked Australian caramel and the predictability of femininity.
I told Colin on three separate occasions that I was 'leaving now.'
I finally got out of the house by 5.
To get a refrigerator box.
I'm not sure what sort of box it is that I attained.
But I do know that it spans the length of my kitchen when it's stretched out.
I walked through the mall with this. I parked at the opposite end of the building.
I heft this thing to my car.
...
I briefly considered, for Imogen's sake, photo documenting the retrieval of items relating to her. I now wish I had.
I needed a cigarette afterwards, that's how much effort it took to get this box in my car.
I talked Guitar Hero with four fellows as I tried my best to act like I knew how to smoke properly.

Kyle from SEARS got the box. I spoke with another employee who sold vacuums and sewing machines.
We watched Jeopardy for a few minutes.
I bought a Poppy.
I lost it before leaving the mall.
Phase one down.

1 comment:

trac54 said...

My heart fell on the floor when I saw those men at the mall.
I gave all my change and I lost my poppy.

I as awkward as I am went back and told the nice men that I had lost my poppy and gave them all my change and if I could have another I would promise to donate more money.

I received another and as I was leaving noticed that the original one was folded under my sweater and I lied to the 3 men that almost were killed by guns and bombs.

I'm a cunt

Blog Archive