Monday, December 13, 2010

Drink and Droll

I'm off of beer, lately.
Well, let me qualify that:
I'm on beer.
Daily.
I just have no desire to drink it in handsome capacities any more.
Beer gives me headaches.
Beer would be making me fatter if that was a possibility.
I'm off of it.
Which I explained to Avril as we wandered around the liquor store on Friday.
We were on our way to a party.
They served an incredibly hot beverage there.
It was probably a traditionally Christmas concoction.
It smelled like it may have had nutmeg in it.
I was terrified that I would spill it over the scalp of someone sitting on the couch below me.
Anyway.
I ultimately rested before the vodka section.
"I could do vodka."
It must be exhausting to listen to me make a decision.
I ask the woman, "What could I mix with vodka?"
She and Avril both gave me a number of suggestions.
"Right, it's vodka." I say to them.
"Anything works with vodka.
Why would I ask you about it?
We both went to high school."
So I bought vodka, mentioning that it would end up being a bad idea, probably.
"I have vodka at home that I'm not going to drink," Avril offered.
"Nah. If I'm going to make a mistake, I might as well pay for it."

No comments:

Blog Archive