Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Look of Love


They've been talking about Mona Lisa lately.
And by 'lately', I guess I mean the last five hundred years or so.
But in the past few weeks.
The ol' bimbo is in the spotlight again.
I'll tell you what she's smiling about.
Though I don't know why it matters.
It used to be about the painting.
Eventually it became about Mona herself.
Lisa.
Whoever.
Instead of the methods used to paint her.
Or the painter himself.
Those of us outside of art circles (which is most of us) are obsessed with the model.
This never would have happened with a bowl of fruit.
Anyway!
I know what makes her smile so intriguing.
And I know you'll read this and say, "Paul's just trying to be funny (again)."
But look at it and tell me this isn't at least-
At the very least!
Plausible.
Isn't she sort of smiling like she just fucked the painter?

edit:
On a second glance, it kinda looks like she had sex with the painter.
But immediately regretted it afterwards.
Like she's thinking, "Oh man. How am I gonna get out of this?
He's probably going to be sending me pigeons all of the time now.
Asking me to go for coffee with him."

2 comments:

ashleighwhat said...

A++, would read again.

Processo said...

I came to visit your blog. Congratulations.
I invite you to visit my blog too. In it there are good Brazilian music, Brazilian modern dance and more.

Blog Archive