Sunday, May 22, 2011

Royal Treatment

"I left my heart in Lewisporte," they always say.
Everyone's religious here.
There's road construction going on.
It took us twenty minutes to get to the hardware store.
Just like Toronto!
I have been here since Friday and I have learned nothing.
Bussey invited everyone down for a May 2-4 weekend.
In his newish house.
New to us.
It's very open concept, and all of the furniture is the same colour green.
I've been wondering if the furniture came with the house.
Or if they painted it all themselves.
Or bought like one of those sets?
Cause you can buy sets of things that are the same colour.
But I've been afraid to ask.
I'm concerned it's a stupid question.
I threw up Friday night after four beers.
Woke up in the middle of the night.
I think it happened because my heartburn was so bad.
I'm not sure if that makes me feel better or worse about the whole affair.

Speaking of feeling worse about affairs.
Arnold Schwartzeneger (not checking the spelling) banged his housewife.
Then the news was saying 'illegitimate child' this and that.
And I realized that though the regency is dead, bastard children can still cost you the kingdom.
Or, at the very least, they can cost you made-up women who co-star in your tourism commercials.

I forgot to bring my clothing for this trip, by the way.
I packed them all (the night before!)
But I ended up leaving them in my bedroom.
I remembered my slippers, though.
Those are new.
I figure that if my work ethic and capabilities match an old person's, why fight it?

That's about it.
I carried a box of plaster!

Because I forgot my clothing, and because they're trying to get into heaven-
Before it's too late-
Turpin and Pete bought me some temporary clothing from Bargain Giant.
When photos emerge I'll upload them.
Maybe.
It included a tank top that said "One hit wonder."
Before the weekend was over, I listened to what I consider to be the best there is.
Not best as in, "This is the best one because it's so shitty and dated."
(Right Said Fred.)
I mean the one hit wonder that is legitimately the best song.
Get some headphones on so you can really hear the piano.
What did you guys do for your long weekend?
Worked?
Worked out?
Was the queen on the go, by the way?
I wasn't talking to her.


1 comment:

Kirk, Miranda & Bear said...

The furniture was bought new...

Blog Archive