Sunday, May 15, 2011

Imagine My Surprise

You're right, the harmonica is the most whimsical instrument.

It used to be rocks and sharpened sticks.
Now it's the iPhone 4G.
Because the 3G wasn't gee enough.
Point is, despite our tools, we've never stopped being monkeys.
All that has changed is our arrogance.
But then, you're far too sophisticated for me to be right.
Right?

Why be a vegetarian before all of the animals are extinct?
If you think you miss bacon now, wait until you learn that bacon's never coming back.
Except, of course...

(With sincere apologies to Tim Ronin.
That makes sense if you know him.)

Respecting women isn't holding the door open for them.
It's not staring at their ass while you do so.

Alright.
That's enough cynicism for today.
I went to a surprise party last night.
For someone I didn't know.
And after everyone yelled 'Surprise!' he shook my hand.
Saying, "Paul, I didn't expect to see you here."
Which is when I wanted to say, "I didn't expect you to say my name just now."

Play us out, buddy.


No comments:

Blog Archive